Saturday, October 29, 2016

Brownie My Best Self Badge

There are 5 steps to complete the Brownie "My Best Self" badge.  They are:


1.  Get to know your body.
2.  Eat and play in a healthy way.
3.  Find out how your body works.
4.  Know what to do if something bugs you.
5.  Meet a health helper.


Maya completed this badge as part of the GSEP "Halloween Yoga Adventure" program.

From the description:
Come celebrate the magic of Halloween through yoga! Use your imagination as you take a yoga adventure full of harvest essentials. Learn fun yoga poses, make a fun craft, and enjoy some serious relaxation. Costumes are encouraged but optional!
 
 

(unfortunately, my photos failed to upload and I had already deleted them from my phone :( )


Additionally, Maya completed Step 1: Get to know your body: Color in your hair, eyes, and favorite clothes.  In the Brownie handbook packet for "My Best Self", there is a My Elf Self project, where girls create their "elf" self.
Maya decided to do this activity as part of her homeschool art lesson.  We measured her limbs and height, and she learned how to do so.  She enjoyed looking at her Brownie sash to color in the sash she put on her elf self.



No comments:

Post a Comment